If you are dissatisfied with the service, we have provided then you have the right to complain. The Legal Ombudsman service is ultimately responsible for ensuring that complaints are dealt with appropriately.
However, before you contact the Legal Ombudsman you must first register an official complaint with us.
1. We will send you a letter acknowledging receipt of your complaint within three days of receiving it, enclosing a copy of the complaints handling procedure.
2. We will then investigate your complaint. This will normally involve passing your complaint to the complaint’s handler Mrs Ozma Ali, who will review your matter file and speak to the member of staff who acted for you.
3. You will be invited to attend a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve your complaint. This will be done within 14 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
4. Within three days of the meeting, we will confirm what took place and any solutions that have been agreed with you.
5. If you do not want a meeting or it is not possible, we will send you a detailed written reply to your complaint, including his suggestions for resolving the matter, within 21 days of sending you the acknowledgement letter.
6. We will write to you within 14 days of receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint, and explaining our reasons.
7. If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman about your complaint:
Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806 Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ
In normal circumstances you are required to register a complaint within one year. You must then give us 8 weeks to try to resolve your complaint before contacting the Legal Ombudsman. A complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must normally be made within six months of the date of the conclusion of the Firm's complaints procedure. In summary:
Copyright © 2020 Glamis Solicitors - All Rights Reserved.
This Law firm is authorised and regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority | Registration Number : 670391 Accredited Member of the Law Society's Conveyancing Quality Scheme under CQS No. CQS04242